Work on the Walsh Bay Arts Precinct redevelopment is progressing well.
Construction Update – Pier 2/3
- Works at Pier 2/3 commenced in November. Workers on site have installed fencing and gates to improve safety and security, and commenced removal of the bitumen layer over the first floor timber deck.
Construction Update – Wharf 4/5
- Construction of the Sydney Theatre Company theatre walls, rehearsal spaces and function rooms are progressing well. Services installations are also continuing in these spaces.
- Construction of the Bangarra dance studio spaces are continuing. Services installations have also commenced.
- The final elements of the new structural steel frame is being installed in the Sydney Dance Company space.
- The new concrete slab was poured at the the new staircase from the ground to the first floor in the Choirs’ area. Installing major services infrastructure is also ongoing.
Upcoming work expected over the next three months:
- Off-site fabrication of the new structural steel for Pier 2/3.
- Continue with removing the bitumen on the first floor at Pier 2/3
- Erect scaffolding on the external Pier 2/3 facades.
- Continue with services installations in all tenancy spaces at Wharf 4/5, particularly cable installations along the length of the wharf.
- Removing and replacing the solar panels on the Wharf 4/5 roof.
The Walsh Bay Arts Precinct Redevelopment project offices will be closed for holidays from 20 December to 6 January 2020. On non-public holiday days, there will be some minor works happening on site. All appropriate measures and safety controls will be in place on these days.
Security will also be in place during this period and for New Years Eve. For any emergencies please call: 1800 717 648.
We wish you all a happy and safe holiday period.