Better Value Infrastructure Plan
In 2012, Infrastructure NSW delivered the Better Value Infrastructure Plan to assist governments in Australia drive better value in infrastructure development and delivery.
In April 2012, Infrastructure NSW delivered the Better Value Infrastructure Plan (prepared by Arup). This paper was endorsed by the Premier for submission to the Council of Australian Governments in April 2012 and released in June 2012.
The plan aims to improve the way infrastructure is designed and delivered in Australia by:
- creating more visibility for industry of the infrastructure investment pipeline
- working closely with industry to achieve more innovative and commercial solutions
- promoting skills development in the management of projects through secondments between government and industry
- sharing of best practice between industry and governments through a rotating national infrastructure forum
- removing duplication between levels of government to reduce the cost of regulation in environmental planning and assessment processes.
View the full plans
- Infrastructure NSW Better Value Infrastructure Plan - Technical Paper
- Better value Infrastructure Plan - COAG paper