Contract awarded to deliver Barangaroo’s Cutaway fit-out works
Australian-owned company FDC will transform the Cutaway into one of Sydney’s premier cultural facilities.
The State Significant Development Application (SSDA) for a new cultural facility in the Cutaway at Barangaroo was approved in December 2023.
FDC Construction and Fitout has been announced as the contractor to deliver the fit-out works, with work starting soon.
Key features of the three-level design include:
- new event and gallery spaces
- improved acoustics (enclosure of the open ceiling voids with soundproof, glass skylights)
- dedicated First Nations education space
- amenities and staff offices
- back of house facilities (including commercial kitchen),
- new façade adjacent to Nawi Cove, including landscaping.
For more information about the Cutaway, visit the Barangaroo website.