Infrastructure NSW (INSW) is committed to protecting the personal privacy of anyone visiting this website or interacting with Infrastructure NSW through community engagement.
We treat all personal information in accordance with the NSW Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act (PPIPA).
INSW Privacy Officer
AON Tower, Level 27, 201 Kent Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org ("Attention Privacy Officer").
When you get in contact with us to raise an enquiry or provide any feedback, or to register for and/or attend an Infrastructure NSW consultation event, we may collect your personal information including your name, contact details, address, the organisation you represent (if any), and any other details of your enquiry or feedback and events attended. From time to time, we may also collect your personal information from our contractors and delivery partners where they have passed on your enquiry or feedback.
When you browse this website, our system automatically makes a record of your visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes:
- your server address;
- top level domain name (eg: .com, .net, .gov, .au, etc);
- the type of browser and operating system you used;
- date and time of your visit;
- which pages are accessed;
- the time spent on individual pages and the site overall; and
- which files were downloaded.
This information is analysed to determine this website's usage statistics.
Through this process we do not collect any personal information unless you voluntarily choose to participate in an activity that involves the provision of personal information, such as:
- sending electronic mail to email addresses listed on this website;
- participating in a survey on this website; and
- signing up to receive electronic project updates and notices.
If you choose not to participate in these activities, your choice will not affect your ability to use this website.
Infrastructure NSW uses cookie technology on this site. Cookies are small text files sent by our web server to a user's web browser software when the user accesses our website. Visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) website to read more about cookies.
Some parts of this website may use a cookie to maintain contact through a session. The cookie allows our website to recognise you as an individual as you move from one page of this website to another. The cookie will expire when you close your browser session or when you shut down your computer.
Most internet browsers are pre-set to accept cookies. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you can disable cookies on your Internet browser or set it up to warn you when cookies are being used.
Submitting information online
It is important to understand that the internet is not always secure and there are inherent risks when transmitting information across the Internet.
Information submitted unencrypted via electronic mail or web forms may be at risk of being intercepted, read or modified. If you do not want to email or send an online form to Infrastructure NSW, you can send it by mail to our office.
Use and disclosure of personal information collected
We may use and disclose your personal information to:
- respond to your enquiry or feedback;
- develop, and improve the quality of, our projects and advice, including through consultation with stakeholders;
We may disclose your personal information to the following:
- contractors, consultants or delivery partners, or other government agencies, where they are best suited to respond to your enquiry;
- one of our client agencies (e.g. the government agency responsible for the project which is the subject of your correspondence) to inform them of stakeholders consulted during the consultation process, including sharing stakeholder lists with them when the project is complete; and/or
- our service providers, including event organisers and data hosting providers.
We may also use and disclose your personal information where required or permitted by law.
Your supply of this information to Infrastructure NSW is voluntary. However, we may not be able to assist with your enquiry or feedback if you do not provide certain personal information.
You may request access to your personal information held by us by contacting us on the details set out in this notice.
This information is collected and held by Infrastructure NSW, Level 27, 201 Kent Street, Sydney NSW 2000.
Contacting the NSW Privacy Commissioner
Advice about the internet and personal information can be found on the Information and Privacy Commission NSW website.