Redevelopment of the existing Penrith Stadium will support the growing population of Western Sydney and improve sporting infrastructure.
The NSW Government remains committed to upgrading Penrith Stadium to support the growing population of Western Sydney and to improve sporting infrastructure.
The design for the Stadium is set to transform the precinct into a modern venue for sport and entertainment for decades to come.
The upgrade has been designed to improve the game day experience for fans and players, creating a superior venue for sports events, live music and entertainment.
The proposed changes to Penrith Stadium will cater for the increasing demand for NRL and NRLW regular season and representative matches. Additionally, it will help grow female team sports across other codes, as well as large scale outdoor community, sporting and entertainment events such as festivals, concerts and motorsports.
The proposed design responds to community feedback provided during a 6-week consultation in 2022 and includes the following key features:
- A brand-new west stand with improved safety, sight lines and spectator facilities
- Significant refurbishments to the east stand with new seating and toilet facilities
- More food and beverage outlets and amenities to improve customer experience and speed of service
- New scoreboards, sound systems, ribbon boards and lighting
- New secure entries and turnstiles to improve security and flow in and out of events
- Increased ground capacity of around 25,000 and grandstands re-designed to be steeper, so fans are closer to the action and have better sightlines to the field
- Improved player facilities for both men’s and women’s sports
- Retention of the stadium’s unique identity and links to community, history and location
- A family-friendly environment that preserves the north and south hills and the current warm and welcoming atmosphere
- Quality open space for fan activations at sport and entertainment events.
We would like to thank everyone who completed the online survey from 24 January to 23 February 2024 on the revised Penrith stadium project and design features of the stadium.
We will consider your valuable feedback as the design progresses. This feedback will help inform the draft Environmental Impact Statement as part of the State Significant Development Application process.
We are holding online and in-person community engagement events in 2024. The events are an opportunity for you to find out more about the stadium design and provide feedback. Members of the project team will be available to answer questions.
Please join our mailing list to stay informed about our upcoming sessions.
Pop up community sessions
Stay tuned for more information on upcoming community information sessions.
There is no registration required for pop-up sessions, just turn up.
Feedback received through the recent engagement activities will be considered by the project team and will inform the project’s draft Environmental Impact Statement, which will then be submitted to the NSW Department of Planning and Environment as part of a State Significant Development Application process.
As part of this process, the Department of Planning, Housing and Infrastructure (formerly Department of Planning and Environment) will place the draft Environmental Impact Statement on public exhibition. The community will have further opportunity to provide feedback via submission during the public exhibition period which is expected in the first half of 2024.
More information will be shared as the project progresses.
You can also find out more and provide feedback by contacting us: