Walsh Bay Arts Precinct
An arts and cultural hot spot on Sydney’s glittering waterfront.
Design and heritage features
- The original maritime character of the Walsh Bay Arts Precinct has been retained and adapted with new works that blend with the heritage façade.
- Heritage steel and beams have been installed in the roof to heighten it.
- 270-degree harbour views towards the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
- Pier 2/3 hosts a display of heritage items including original timber screens and ground floor cut-out in the heritage floor that looks directly into the harbour water.
- Shared spaces feature salvaged and re-milled wharf timber, heritage cargo doors and heritage lighting that has been restored and retro-fitted.
- Extensive performance lighting systems
- The flexible lighting can be tailored to each performance.
- The precinct uses the latest in energy efficient LED technology.
- The lighting has colour rendering properties enhance natural timber finishes.
- New world class, acoustically isolated auditorium
- Audio-visual systems for flexible future proof performance spaces
- Bespoke active acoustic architecture system made up of numerous microphones and speakers.
- The system can tune the audio experience in the space depending on creative preference.
- Panelled auditorium with an outstanding acoustic design for music performances, film screenings and the spoken word.
- The flexible lighting in this performance space allows for bars to lower or retract to tailor to each performance bars to lower or retract to tailor to each performance. All lighting installed across the precinct uses the latest in energy efficient LED technology. Its excellent colour rendering properties enhance natural timber finishes as well as the colour in props and costumes on show.