The Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (NSW) replaces the Freedom of Information Act 1989 (NSW). Its intention is to make government information more open and readily available to members of the public. This right is restricted only when there is an overriding public interest against disclosing the particular information. Infrastructure NSW (INSW) complies with this Act.
To learn more or to make a formal application to INSW, contact the INSW Privacy Officer.
- Email: RightToInformation@infrastructure.nsw.gov.au
- Phone number: +612 8016 0100
- Postal address: AON Tower, Level 27, 201 Kent Street, Sydney NSW 2000
To apply for information under the Act, you must:
- Apply in writing to INSW at the above postal address using the Information Access application form
- Include a clear statement that you are requesting information under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (NSW)
- Pay the $30 application fee
- Include a return postal address in Australia as the address for correspondence
- Provide as much specific information as necessary to enable us to identify the information you are asking for.
If your application does not include these five things, it will be invalid and will not be processed. If that happens, however, we will let you know and we will help you, if possible, by explaining how you can make a valid application.
Otherwise we will write to acknowledge receipt of a valid access application within 5 working days, and will deal with your application within 20 working days (subject to any extension allowed for under the Act). If any extension of time is required to deal with your application, we will let you know in writing.
All fees and charges relating to GIPA applications are exempt from GST.
|Nature of application
|$30 per hour, after the first hour
|Internal review of reviewable decision
Certain discounts may apply, including on financial hardship and public interest grounds - for more details visit Information and Privacy Commission NSW.