Infrastructure NSW’s purpose is creating a sustainable infrastructure legacy for NSW. We do this through expert advice, priority project delivery, oversight of the state’s infrastructure pipeline and precinct delivery.
Established in July 2011 under the Infrastructure NSW Act 2011, Infrastructure NSW provides independent advice to the NSW Government on the identification and prioritisation of critical public infrastructure.
We model the values of achievement, safety and wellbeing, collaboration, and truth and courage to achieve greater outcomes for the organisation, our people and our customers.
The key functions of Infrastructure NSW include:
- Deliver a 20-year Infrastructure Strategy, every five years
- Provide independent advice on infrastructure policies and priorities
- Deliver high priority world class projects for NSW
- Accelerate priority projects through Restart NSW funding recommendations
- Monitor the infrastructure pipeline to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Review performance of NSW’s infrastructure sectors